Sunday, January 11, 2009

Storm has passed.

The winter storm has come and gone. Leaving behind 10 inches of snow! I cleaned the driveway Friday after work (I have a BEAST of a snowblower) and again Saturday around 3:00. I kept a fire in the fireplace all day and sat and watched the snow come down. The downside to this is that my dinner plans were postponed because the county roads were slippery and dangerous. We'll try again in 2 weeks. I did go out to Wal-mart about 7:00. I decided I'd better get some groceries before the next storm blows through.

The roads are much improved and I made it to church today. I visited Beautiful Savior Lutheran church. A small faith community of about 20 people gather in a store front in Saybrook to celebrate in Word, song and spirit. This group broke away from an established church in Geneva - something about the politics. It was a good experience and I'm planning to go back next week.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment