Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY

Finally . . . the call came . . . . schools are closed! I was up at 5:30, checked the TV listing of closings. Checked the internet for closings. Nothing in Ashtabula County. 5 inches of new snow on the ground and a prediction for 4-8 more here in the snow belt! I was so prepared!!! During my lunch hour yesterday I hauled 2 loads of wood from the woodpile. (when I workout after work it is dark when I get home and I don't go to the woodpile after dark!) I stopped at the store for milk before coming home. I even brought a file folder of work home to work on! I was all set to stay in my jammies in front of a nice fire and watch the snow pile up! Alas, it wasn't to be. So I made coffee and sat in my quiet time chair. My quiet time was very distracted and I couldn't focus . . . I was letting my disappointment interfere with talking/listening to the BIG G. I realized this when my journaling took on a whiny tone. At 5:51 I put the journal down and listened to the stillness around me - expecting a profound message from BIG G. At 5:54 my call came . . . . stay home!!!! Thank you BIG G!

So, now that I've had coffee and am wide awake . . . . what to do??? Clean out the fireplace and get it ready for a nice fire . . . maybe do some baking . . . work on the afghan for my little buckaroo . . . . clean the bathroom . . . . dust and sweep my bedroom . . .clean out a closet . . . oh, and there's always the folder of work - some requisitons to enter via the internet and a spreadsheet of uniform invoices that needs updated. Too many choices. I think I'll have another cup of coffee and settle under a blanket with my novel until I can decide - aftr all, it's not yet 6:30 a.m. and I have all day.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment