Saturday, January 17, 2009

Big freeze part II

Guess who didn't have heat again this a.m.????? That's right. Only this morning it was down to 57 degrees which means I was really cozy under 3 blankets cuz the furnace quit earlier than it did Thursday night . . . or maybe it was colder last night . . . . either way, I was pretty cozy. Unitl 6:15 that is. I immediately went into survivor mode - warm robe, fire, hot coffee, warm fuzzy socks and slippers. DS had to be in Mayfield by 8:30, so I didn't bother him. I waited until 8:30 and called the expert. DSIL - dear son-in-law. DD was working (dear daughter) and he had daddy day care duty for my little buckaroo. I'd thought ahead on this knowing my little buckaroo didnt' need to be out in sub-zero tempeartures.So I made this proposal: "I have a fire going and I'm fine. I have a 10:00 hair appointment. How about I come to your house after my appointment - about 11:30 - and stay with my little buckaroo while you come look at my furnace?" He said that sounded like a wonderful plan. And so it was to be.

DSIL spent about an hour here. Cleaning this, adjusting that, turning the other thing and deemed the problem solved. Hey, he's the expert and I believe him. (don't tell him I'm putting a 4th blanket on my bed tonight "just in case") AND, I had an unexpected playdate with my little buckaroo and my GDS MoJo (granddogson)!!!! Doesn't get much better, does it????

All is well that ends well. Teen Challenge was the perfect ending to this day! We served up sloppy joe's, biker beans (I'm queen of the beans!), macaroni salad and hard boiled eggs. There are 4 men "graduating" from the program this month. 3 of them shared their testimonies. 2 newer guys shared theirs, then our VP looked my way . . . I turned and glanced behind me to see who he was looking at. Not seeing anyone, I turned around and heard him ask, "Bonnie, is there somehthing you'd like to say?" Some how the word YES came out of my mouth and I took the floor and gave my testimony. All evening I had felt the spirit nudging me, and when Jim spoke, I couldn't ignore the nudge any longer.

Our CMA manual says you should be able to give your testimony in 2 minutes - cuz with bikers, that may be all the time they'll give you. I've been thinking about this since my ministry training. . . . Tell what your life was like before giving your life to Christ . . . . Tell how the conversion came about . . . .Tell what difference it has made in your life. I did just that and it felt so good! I then was able to affirm the men there . . . let them know how important they are to me . . . that I can't help feel connected as most of them are younger that my 2 children . . .that their lives and testimonies give me courage and strength each month and that I pray for them each morning in my talk with the BIG G.

I drove home in a snowstorm - blowing and drifting snow - using the mailboxes and street light poles as guides to keep me on the road - but I was not afraid - I felt perfect peace. Thanks God!

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. Does your dear SIL travel? We might have heating issues or it just could be the frigid temps we have been having. Will keep him in mind and will think of a bribe to throw in!!

    ReplyDelete