Monday, January 5, 2009

It's over

It's over. The wise guys arrived at the stable. Mine, however, had to run because I kept forgetting to move them a little closer each day. That meant it was time to un-decorate inside and out. I started outside - lights, wreaths, garland and bows - all put away. Then came the tree. As I gradually worked my way to getting the lights off, the poor thing looked sadder and sadder with each group of things coming off. It now is lying out by the road waiting for the township workers to pick it up and haul it to the compost pile. Why is it all my decorations fit nicely in the boxes and on the shelves in the basement and now I have stragglers that won't fit in any of the boxes??? And some boxes that won't fit on the desingated "Christmas" shelves and have had to apply for squatter's rights on the craft shelf?



I ran out of gumption yesterday so the Santa Clause collection (which includes a a cheesy santa on a motorcycle that plays "Born to be Wild") will go "on vacation" today. Then it's officially over. The snowman collection stays out until Spring as they are "winter" decorations (as well as the "winter" dishes"). Then it's on to winter tasks: paint the bathroom? paint the kitchen? my den closet needs some attention. There's always something to clean out in the basement. And I need to make the curtains for the garage. Got the fabric, just need to get the measurements and start sewing. Yes, you read that right. I'm putting curtains on the garage windows. My motorcycle needs privacy - actually it's a security measure. I'd feel better knowing I've done everything I can to keep her safe.

Ciao til next time.

1 comment: