Saturday, January 24, 2009

Morning Person

It is 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning. My goal was to stay in bed until 8. Obviously that didn't happen. I forgot to turn the alarm off last night so it blasted at 5:30. I snuggled back under the covers and at 6:30 my cell phone "dinged" with a text message "R u up?" from a friend that works swing shift and is in his "midnight" part of the shift rotation. He was just getting home from his 12 hr shift. When I called him he said he thought I'd be sleeping in today. Is this passive aggressive behavior? The truth is I am a morning person. It is the most peaceful time of my days.

I got my "package" from my "butterfly" mom - it came postage due! There are some very nice items in my package. I would feel selfish keeping them all to myself so I plan to "re-gift" some of them. I'm sure that's what Mom would want - to know that her middle child is unselfish and shares the "wealth". Coffee is done and smelling good. It was 45 degrees yesterday and today's high will be 15. better bundle up to go out and get the paper.

Ciao everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Now it's my turn. It's 7 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and I planned to sleep in a little later, but the cats made it known that they were hungry (and have been making racket since 5). Glad to know I'm not the only morning person out there! My late night last night was an exception...

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up at 7:15 a.m. Being a morning person must run in the family. I tried to go back to sleep, but it just didn't happen. Oh well, such is life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the joys of working weekends. I was up, showered and dressed by 6. I then proceeded to empty the dishwasher, make coffee, have breakfast, make lunch, get bottles and formula ready for the day and make it to work by 7. I love my job.

    ReplyDelete