Monday, January 12, 2009

Ooooh Ooooh ! Almost forgot . . . .

When I posted Sunday evening I forgot to mention something VERY important and exciting!!! When I cleared the driveway Friday afternoon, when I was all done, I took a minute and right there in my front yard I plopped down and made . . . . a snow angel!!!!!

C'mon. Honestly, now, when was the last time you made a snow angel???? If you have to think about it then it's been too long. There is something in the reckless abandon of the child within bursting free!!! A thrill in the coldness of the snow. A comfort in its softness. Lying there looking up at the sky, letting the snow fall on you, or watching the clouds float by, or if it's dark, seeing the stark brightness of the stars against the black winter sky. If you have lost your joy, I guarantee you will find it in making a snow angel.

Your joy will continue if you have a tea kettle on the stove waiting for you to come to your senses and come in from the cold, take off you wet clothes and warm up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate!

Ciao everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Can't remember the last time we had snow, so snow angels are pretty rare 'round these here parts. :-) However, we did make sand angels when we went sledding on the dunes at Monahans Sandhills State Park last summer. Does that count? No tea, but we did have cold water and air conditioning waiting for us back at the truck. Tons of fun, and the sand in our hair, shorts, shirts, and ears just extended the joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can say I attempted a snow angel Saturday morning. We had the boys in the backyard for some fun in the snow. Mojo found a little too much joy as I laid back to make my angel. He was so excited, he ran over my face. I have the scratches to prove it. Maybe he will be able to contain his joy next time.

    ReplyDelete