Sunday, January 18, 2009

Destined to be COLD

I'm beginning to think being cold is my destiny this winter. I kept a positive attitude when my furnace stopped in the middle of the night - 2 nights in a row - when we were having the coldest temperatures of the decade. I mentioned in yesterday's post that I drove in a snowstorm last night. That snowstorm left 6-8 inches of snow in my drive, on my deck and on my patio. (some areas were deeper depending on the wind) Sooooo, before church this morning, I fired up the beast and cleand the driveway and patio, then shoveled the deck (I need to be able to get to my gas grill). I traveled snowcovered and slippery roads to get to church only to sit in a freezing cold facility. I wore jeans, an undershirt, a warm sweater, wigwam socks, warm boots, my leather coat, scarf around my neck and I froze. On my way to the jeep after church I fell on my butt in the parking lot. Nothing hurt at the time except my pride. I couldn't get warm all day. DS called before I left for church and invited me to lunch at Lakeway after my church service - (cheryl, last time I was ther jerri was on her hands and knees scrubbing baseboards!) I sat there and froze. After lunch I came home and got under the warmest blanket I own trying to get warm. After resting under the blanket my wrist is hurting from trying to break my fall this morning. I'll see how it is tomorrow - may have to get it checked out. It is evening now and I am still a little chilled. made a pot of chocolate velvet (decaf) coffee hoping that I can warm up from the inside out.

OK, enough whining . . . accepting my destiny doesn't mean I can dream about a caribbean vacation, right?

Ciao everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment