Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally Friday

It's finally happened. I think I am an honest to goodness Grandma now . . . . I'm sitting home on a Friday night crocheting an afghan for my grandson. The fact that I'm alternating between surfing the net and crocheting just means I'm a 21st Century Grandma! In one of her blog posts, dear daughter got me to thinking of the Grandma Blankets she and her brother and cousins cherish. Generally in the winter (we're talking snow belt winters) I get cabin fever and start a knitting/crocheting project. So I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and selected the yarn to be used for Precious Grandson's traditional 1st birthday blanket. Mom made me an afghan years ago using a unique pattern that I've always wanted to try. Her directions were very vague: sets of double crochet separated by chains, then braid the chains. I sat and examined it and think I have it figured out. I'm really excited about this. Let's see . . .today is Jan 2 . . . the 1st birthday is July 13 . . . I may have to carry the project in my saddlebags to motorcycle rallys and sit and crochet once I get there! I have no doubt I'll be able to git r done.

Now a word about my considerate friend . . . who phoned me at 1:30 a.m. saying he thought he needed to go to the hospital. He was experiencing pressure/pain in his chest, general limb weakness and numbness in his face. He said he'd call 911 but didn't want to alarm his neighbors by having an emergency squad pull in his driveway. Isn't that considerate? I got out of my flannel jammies, put on a happy face and drove across town to transport him. Long story short . . . the initial tests came back ok, but he was admitted for observation and more testing. The last I heard, he was bugging the nursing staff to get released. If he calls for a ride home, I'm gonna tell him my transport vehicle is out of service until 11 a.m. tomorrow morning. Seriously, I'm thankful for friends. I know if things were reversed, he'd do the same for me.

Ciao, til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know the pattern once you figure it out. I just thought it was double crochet all along. I guess I never asked mom.

    ReplyDelete