Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tired of Winter

I like winter because I know from science and experience that it is temporary. About this time of year, all the knowledge and experience is forgotten and winter seems here to stay . . . It is cold and dreary. At least during the peak of winter we have snow that makes everything beautiful and brilliant with its whiteness - I guess this is what "they" mean by the dead of winter. Everywhere you look you see vegitation that is dead - shrubs, flower beds, grass - that with spring will be re-born and vibrant. But waking to this day after day makes spring seem very far off. I've been invited to go to the Cleveland Botanical Garden tomorrow. I'm so eager . . . to see beauty and life in the dead of winter . . . I probably won't want to leave it.

Add to this the anxiety of wanting to get on my motorcycle . . . in my circle of friends (mostly bikers) this is all we talk about. Planning events to ride in. Planning vacation rides. Planning ride and dines. Planning rallys to ride to. I have gone so far as to turn the heater on in the garage, move the jeep out and sit on my bike and "ride" her around the garage. If I had a trailer, Miss Behavin and I would definitely vacation in Florida!

Time to swap loads of laundry, then get myself to the gym.

Ciao til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment