Sunday, February 15, 2009

Attitude Adjustment? Me???

Things have been so stressful at work I decided I'd show them . . . I took 2 days vacation - Friday and Tuesday. With tomorrow being a holiday that gave me 5 days off. Low and behold, with Wednesday's windstorm our school district was closed Thursday! 6 day weekend! yippee skippee! Not sure what I did Thursday, but I got up Friday morning and did 2 loads of laundry so I could leave town for my CMA Seaons of Refreshing rally in Zanesville. I had to pick up the lady riding down with me at 12:15 in Perry where she was leaving her car and 3 boys. Before picking her up I had to get to quick lube in Madison and get my oil changed. Why I didn't do all this Thursday is beyond me! But I got er done and we were on our way by 12:45.



It was amazing! 251 Christian bikers under one roof! Singing, praising, laughing and learning about our common goal - winning souls for the Kingdom of God. When we were done Saturday, I left the group and headed east to my baby sister's house in PA. She recently bought a house to make her home and I was anxious to see her new digs. Spent the night and left not sure where I would end up. I wanted to go someplace different, but yet the tried and true works and since I know the environment I feel safe staying by myself there. When you travel alone as I generally do, it would easy to get comfortable and let your guard down - that's all it would take to become a statistic - one careless decision. So I am sequestered in a familiar hotel with my bible, my journal, my novel, my ipod and of course my laptop. (I'll soon have a comforter in the form of a pizza with ham and pineapple) I am in the heart of Amish country. This is my chosen place for retreating from the world. Spending time in the Amish community helps me regain my focus and put my life in perspective. They help me remember the importance of things: God first, Family second, and all the other stuff fits in someplace down the list of priorities. I usually stay 2 nights but I think I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon after visiting some of my favorite places here. The hardware store, the furniture store, the cheese factory and Chili's of Berlin (a specialty store for those who like it hot).

Ok. I've got some chillin' to do.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment