Friday, February 6, 2009

Just Stuff . . .

Well, it's finally Friday. Work is getting more stressful by the day. I'm not going to go into all that now cuz I spent an hour at the gym working out the stress and frustrations. Reviewing it now would bring back those feelings which means I'd hafta go back to the gym and I'm already showered in my jammies. Suffice it to say that I've applied for a job in another school district. Que sera.

My workout was intense for a Friday. I usually take Friday off from working out but missed Monday (mental health day) and I missed Thursday. So I did Thursday's work out today. Lower body resistance and a short cardio (2 miles on the treadmill - 1 mile was uphill)

I recently joined a Freecycle community. It's an online group where you post via e-mail something you have that you want to get rid of - FOR FREE. Someone that needs that item contacts you and comes and takes it off your hands. Or, if you need something you can post that need and someone that has that item contacts you and you pick it up FOR FREE. The purpose is to keep stuff from landing in the landfills. Recycling your unwanted stuff but not having a garage/yard sale. Last Sunday I saw someone offered a car seat. Since I'd like to be able to transport my buckaroo safely I contacted the giver. I drove to Geneva after work yesterday to pick it up!!! I'm laundering the fabric liner as we speak. I then had the kids and their families over for dinner. They stepped into my test kitchen where I had prepared a new recipe - hamburger soup. It was delicious. I put some chipotle cheddar cheese in it and called it Cheeseburger soup. Before we ate, my buckaroo had his cereal and squash, so he sat in the high chair while we dined. It wasn't long before we heard a bodily function sound coming from his butt. Several times. He continued this all evening. I have re-named him. He's my rootinist tootinist buckaroo! Have I mentioned that I love that boy immensely?? Tootin and all.

After the kids, grandkid and dogs left, I decided I'd "start" the process of filing my taxes. Next thing I knew it was 11:30!!! I decided to "finish later" and logged off the software. I finished them this morning and got my confirming e-mail already saying they were accepted!!! In 10 days my jeep can get tires and and exhaust system!!!!

Ok. The dryer buzzed so I'd better get the dry ones out and put the wet ones in.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I am always looking for new recipes for my family and to share with my friends.....Yes,
    I DO have friends!

    ReplyDelete