Thursday, February 19, 2009

Over Easy is good

Thanks to my niece over at the Beaver Family Blog, I've been hungry for eggs over easy . . . Don't get alarmed, I'm relatively certain I'm not pregnant! Anyhow, tonight's dinner was just that - Eggs over easy and 2 slices of light whole grain wheat bread toasted. That was after my workout. My DS begins his role as Jesus in Tetelestai this weekend and dress rehearsal was tonight - an hour and 10 minute drive in good weather. Roads are snow covered and slippery and it took him 2 hrs to get there. I'll be up until I get a call saying he's home. Anywho, I had the pleasure of going to play with his dog and potty her in his absence. I think it's time for her to sleepover - we do a girl's night - you know, movie, ice cream, paint our nails . . . that kind of stuff. The last time I did her nails no one wanted to walk down the street with her . . . they were bright RED! I phoned DS and warned him she looked like a hoochy mama with her pretty red nails!

Soooo, on my way to see my grand-dogdaughter I stopped at the hospital to visit my cousin. I have 2 cousins in town on my Dad's side of the family - the older is dying of Cancer. Her battle began a year ago with breast cancer and now it has spread. She is in denial and has requested to proceed with Chemotherapy. I was shocked when I saw her tonight. Pale, thin, very weak and quite emotional. Her sense of humor is still in tact, however. I explained how my DS is Jesus and I'd see about him visiting her and turning her water into wine. I also said that made me the mother of God and I was going to start an RV Club . . . she gave me a quizzical look and I said that I am the Recycled Virgin Mother of God - an RV and I was looking for more members of the club. I thought she was going to fall off her chair laughing! Good thing her dear sister wasn't drinking a beverage - she laughed so hard it would have come out her nose! I was there about 1/2 hour before I noticed her beginning to tire, so I said my good-byes and I love yous and left with a heavy heart.

I went and pottied the wonder dog, then went to the grocery store. Came home and resumed the task of washing clothes. That's a vicious cycle isn't it? Wear them, wash them, dry (iron)them , put them away, wear them . . . Nudists might be on to something!

It's getting late. Think I'm ready to tuck it in and read! I'm more that halfway in the novel and haven't read the ending yet! Talk about self control. Grisham is the only author that makes me do that! I get to a point where I can't stand the twists and turns of the plot so I read the end then go back and read how it got there - besides, what if I die before finishing the book? I wouldn't know the outcome!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment