Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sundays

Welcome! I couldn't let my sisters enter the world of blogging and not venture forth myslef!

Sundays for me have changed drastically in the past couple of months. Since accepting that the church of my childhood no longer fed my spirit, I went in search of a new faith community. I visited many churches - many denominations. And prayed for God's direction. I met with and explained my dilemma to the priest at my current parish. He suggested St. Helen's church in Newbury, about 50 miles away. I went there on a Sunday morning and found the community to be friendly and welcoming. The Word of God was preached with passion and excitement (It is exciting, isn't it?). I then decided I wanted even more energetic music so I went there to a Life Teen Mass one Sunday evening. It's definitely the worshhip experience I'm looking for.

So now, I have leisurely Sunday mornings . . . coffee, newspaper, treadmill, laundry . . . then get ready and leave here about 4:30 for the 50 minute drive. I don't mind the drive in good weather, but living in the "snowbelt" makes things a little unpredictable. I'm looking forward to summer - the ride there will be GREAT on my motorcycle!!! Ah . . . the motorcycle . . . . good topic for another entry!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You should definitely write more about that cute grandson of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What copycats you two are! Tell me more about that young'un. Is he saying "Aunt Cheryl" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I think she means "Great Aunt Cheryl." Yikes!

    ReplyDelete