Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas and the Day after . . .

Christmas was exhausting . . .but not from the shopping, baking, visiting etc that wears out most people. I was on a spiritual high for so many days in a row and crashed today. Christmas Eve was our "family" celebration, being flexible and respecting that some have to split their holiday time with other families. Midnight Mass @ 11:00 p.m. (?)was satisfying and filled my spirit in a number of ways. Christmas Day was dinner with my CMA family @ Teen Challenge. How rewarding! I attempted to blog last night but was too tired to sit at the computer. I went into work and decided to take 4 hours vacation this afternoon and left at noon - I completed the work I needed to get done and couldn't stand the thought of sitting at the desk for 4 hours trying to look busy. I basically just chilled this afternoon - doing some laid-back catching up with friends visiting from North Carolina.

My CMA Cristmas party is tomorrow night. There are no frozen hash brown potatoes in this town. Giant Eagle, Super K-Mart and Drug Mart - none. I wanted to make cheddar hash browns with ham for the pot luck, but looks like I gotta find a plan "B".
Soooo . . . I stopped for a Little Caesar Hot-N-Ready pizza and rented Mama Mia. I'm gonna get into my jammies (yes, I know it's not 7:00 yet), put the DVD in and eat pizza washed down with diet coke. I got a box of movie good & plenty in my Christmas stocking for snacking. Sounds like my kinda heaven! Hope everyone was as blessed as I was this Christmas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment