Sunday, December 28, 2008

CMA Christmas Party

The Christmas party last night was a lot of fun - of course, bikers don't need an occasion to have fun - but this party was more like a family party. I've found that when you are committed to ministering with a group of people, they become more than friends. Our incoming president likened it to being "family". I've been pondering this and I like to compare it to Verizon Wireless. You know, the network that has your back when you are in what most carriers would call a dead zone. My CMA people are like that. If I need anything, any time of day or night, I know I can call any one of them and they'd be there for me. And I know I'm never alone in any situation - there is always someone (many someones) to stand in the gap for me when I need prayer support. Sounds like a pretty good network, huh? Did I mention that you don't need to ride/own a motorcycle to join a CMA chapter? You need to be saved, have a heart for God and His people, and a desire to minister to the motorcycling community.

It was a potluck as I mentioned in the previoius post and my plan "B" covered dish ended up being TACO SALAD. It was a good choice as my largest Tupperware bowl (we're talking humongous) was empty when I went to retreive it at the end of the evening.

Time to get the coffee maker prepped and programmed - tomorrow is a work day. Another holiday this week: time to start thinking about the end of 2008 and what lies ahead in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment