Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Busy Time

Another Saturday! Seems the only day I have time to post!

This week was busy...but I managed to get to the gym 4 days: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday(today).

So, the days I didn't work out...let's see....Monday was a holiday. Could have gotten there early in the day, but was just plain lazy, then in the afternoon, I met a friend for an early dinner. Wednesday was the day our Sprout chose to enter this world. That's right! A beautiful baby girl entered our family that day. 7 lb 7 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Takes my breath away just thinking about her! Friday I had tickets to the Improv Comedy Club in Cleveland. Matt got them for me for Christmas. Since I am unattached, I asked Matt to go with me. It's not unusual for he and I to hangout, but apparently it's an oddity to society. On our way to Cleveland I commented that people will think I'm a cougar - out on a date with a younger man. Welllllllll, we had VERY good seats....right at the edge of the stage where we were an easy target for the entertainers!!! There were 2 "warm up" guys and the headliner was a female. #2 warm-up guy asked our status...married, dating, other activity. Matt declared "this is my mom" and the guy remarked he thought maybe it was a cougar situation! The headliner made a bigger deal about it. Got alot of sweet awwwwwwws from the audience after making a comment about the cougar bit. It didn't bother Matt nor I. I have a son that is secure enough to let the world know it's ok to hang out with your mom (besides, she's picking up the tab)

Today it was 49 degrees. The snow has melted enough for me to find the outside Christmas lights on the shrubs and remove them. The snow is no longer knee deep so I could take down the wreaths from the front of the house and find the outdoor outlet in the flower bed to unplug the aforementioned lights and retrieve my extension cord. I arranged to cook & deliver dinner to Pam & John today so they had 1 less thing to attend to today. I made chicken n dumplins in my crockpot and whipped up a batch of Jiffy cornbread. If I say so myself it was delicious.

Tomorrow my CMA chapter will try to sell the rest of the soup we made and froze. I have 98 pints of various kinds of soup in my freezer. The Jefferson United Methodist Church is letting us set up our soup sale in their fellowship hall. I'm going to try to slip out to attend services at the bar around the corner. Maybe I'll attend the service at the church for a change to see how the people there are since I'm thinking about making the committment to join the church and become a full member of their faith community.

It's about time to think about winding this day down.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment