Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's been a busy Saturday!!

I'm not sure why, but I was hesitant to De-Christmas the house this year. I began taking the tree down last Tuesday an finally got it completely undecorated and out to the street last night - Friday. Well, not out to the street exactly . . . that will entail plodding through knee deep snow . . but it is off the porch!!! I put away all the other stuff - stockings, santa collection, nativity, etc - this morning. Maybe it has something to do with going down to the basement to bring up empty boxes, filling the boxes, then taking the boxes back down to the basement. And they never fit back on the shelves the way they did before Christmas . . . haven't been able to figure that out yet. Then I have to remember where I put all the stuff I moved to make room for the Christmas stuff. Once I find these items, I have to remember what goes where . . . But it's done!!!

After that, I loaded up all my recycle stuff and hauled it off to the city's recycle center . . . someday this community will go to curbside recycling, but until that happens, I will make periodic trips to the city dump to ensure my garbage isn't hanging around taking up valuable land space.

Then I went to the gym. I know . . . on a Saturday!!!! All I can say is New Year . . . New priorities. After a shower and cleaning up, I went to the grocery store. There were lots of BOGO specials . . . porkchops and roasts. Now I have to divide the "family pack" of pork chops into single servings and freeze them. I got 17 thick cut pork chops for $15 ! That's at least 8 meals for me!!! Coffee was on sale and everyone must be out of coffee cuz the shelf was empty . . . frozen chicken breasts too!!! I'll run by tomorrow morning on my way to church at the biker bar and see if they have restocked the shelves/freezers.

I had 2 coupons for 2 free movies each from Drug Mart, so on the way home I stopped and picked up a bunch of comedies. They are 7 day rentals so I have until next Saturday to get them watched. I think I'll pop some popcorn and get cozy under a blanket (it's 7 degrees outside) and watch one of them tonight.

GREAT NEWS::::: Something on thing on the horizon . . . . I've got plans to travel to Texas next month. I haven't been there in 2 1/2 years!!! My sister Deena is going too! That means us 3 girls will be together with MOM . . . I'm sure the visit will be bittersweet as I know mom has deteriorated immensely since I saw her last. But she's been on my heart since the beginning of December so I stepped up my prayers. That helped but I knew I needed to get out there. I did some checking and I had enough flyer miles on my credit card to get 2 airline tickets (mine & Deena's) for $10!

Popcorn and movie time!!!!

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news about your trip! Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you 3 girls are together. Always a special time:)

    EnJoy!

    ReplyDelete