Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year . . . Similar Goals

I decided to re-visit last year's goals to see how I did:

1. Committment to pray everyday for cure/treatment for cancer and alzheimer's - I would have to say that I was relatively successful at this, however, it will stay on the list of goals for 2010, cuz I believe I can do better.

2. Get back to healthy food choices and regular excercise - meaning finding a balance between bicycling and motorcycling - This one definitely stays on the list of goals for 2010 - I wasn't on my bicycle once last summer . . . food choices were decent and if 4-5 times a week is regular excercise, then I did ok there.

3. Plan and execute an overnight motorcycling camping trip. YESSSSSSS. Better than overnight! I managed to load my bike with 8 days of clothing/toiletries, sleeping bag,
rain gear, and tent and rode to West Virginia for a week's campout at CMA's national East rally!!!! WooHoo!

4. Find a church that feeds my spirit and just "feels right". It may stay on the 2010 goals list, but I'm getting closer . . . A Methodist church holds a Sunday a.m. service in a local biker bar, complete with B.A.R. band (born again rockers) that lead the praising! It's a service that is bare bones worship - singing/prasing, prayer, proclaiming the Word of God, breaking open the Word, more prayer, more praising/worship. Communion is celebrated twice a month. A bucket sits on the bar as you enter for the offering. This feels right. What is cool is that in the other room are bar patrons and it is my hope and prayer that seeds are being planted in their hearts as we raise our voices in song and prayer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Now, for 2010's goals in no particular order



  1. Visit my mom in Texas

  2. Improve on my prayers for cure/treatment for cancer and alzheimers

  3. Continue the search and join a faith community

  4. Another motorcycle road trip - something relaxing and scenic

  5. Continue making heatlhy food choices and get on that bicycle!!!

  6. Spend less time on the computer . . . FB is a time thief.

2 comments:

  1. Hi motorcycle Grandma! Nice photo and goals for the year. I too need to visit my mom more often.
    Thanks for your prayers in cancer! We can all use that!

    Happy New Year and Ride Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Aunt B! FB *is* a time thief. I'm supposed to be working on grades, and have been for the past hour and a half. Sigh. I need to have more discipline.

    ReplyDelete