Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thomas

Last night was the opening prayerformance of Tetelestai - the passion play produced by the Cleveland Performing Arts Ministries. Our family has been involved with this ministry for about 13 years. This is my second season "sitting out" so to speak. My son, Matt, remains involved.

A few years ago, I heard God telling me it was time to let go of that ministry. I didn't listen and the next year I was given a very powerful role - a converting LOE (Lady Of the Evening!) I knew that would be my last gift from God in Tetelestai. CMA has taken it's place as far as ministry and personal growth. Ah, but I digress from the topic at hand . . . THOMAS

One of the "gifts" I received during my time in Tetelestai was an understanding of the apostle Thomas. If I could have any role in the play I would want to be Thomas. If I could meet any person in history I would want to meet Thomas.

"Blessed are you because you have seen. But I say to you, blessed are they that have not seen, yet believe".

When Jesus came back to that upper room, God could have "fixed" him so he was whole once again. But God knew of Thomas' unbelief and allowed the nail holes to remain in the savior's hands just for Thomas . . . to make a believer out of him!!!! How incredible is that????
Thinking about Thomas makes me stop and think of the ways God reveals Christ to me each and every day. It also provides a check and balance for me to make sure I'm reflecting Christ to those people that might need to "see" before believing.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment