Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's Official!!!!

Anyone care to join me in a happy dance? Motorcycling season (my favorite season) has officially begun. Last week we had two (2) good street washing rains and the temperature soared to 61 degrees yesterday. I got done work at 4:30 and Miss Behavin' and I were out there cruising by 4:50. We wound through the back country (all paved) roads, across the new covered bridge and on out to the bike shop in Jefferson where I picked up a new oil filter for her. I looked at new helmets for myself and just browsed there like some of you do in craft/scrapbooking shops.

I'm happy to say the new leather jacket I bought at the International Motorcycle show in cleveland is wonderfully warm. The sleeves zip nice and tight around the wrists keeping my arms warm and the main zipper wind flap prevents the wind from penetrating the zipper. The zip-out lining adds a layer of warmth. I was toasty warm with only a longsleeve t-shirt and my jacket. I rolled my chaps up and crammed them in my saddlebags just in case the breeze was too cold for my legs - I could pull off and slip them on - glad to say I was warm enough with my jeans on. Oh and the lined leather gloves I picked up when I was in Sugarcreek a month ago were toasty also. I can see now the difference between summer leather gloves and winter leather gloves! Live and learn!

I had her out riding for about an hour. She responded well and I was elated! The excitement of sitting astride her and starting her up . . . indescribable. Then there's the shifting, the cornering, the leaning and of course the camraderie of fellow riders low fiving as you pass each other!

I came home to change her oil and filter but couldn't get the plug (it's actually an bolt. why they call it a plug is beyond me) loose with my wrench. Matt was at rugby practice so I had to let it sit until someone could help me. I really hate being/feeling helpless. But Matt came this morning after I was at work to loosen the "plug". He called asking where the new filter was . . . he was doing the job for me . . . isn't he the best. As badly as I felt I needed to do it my self, he felt he needed to do it for me . . . I thought that was pretty thoughtful of him. And I really do appreciate it . . .after all, with the miles I plan to put on her this summer I'll get plenty of practice maintaining her.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment