Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Butterflies and May

This Saturday, May 5, would be my mom's birthdayShe would be 82. Most that read this understand the relationship between my mom and butterflies.  Well, there has been one fluttering around here for about 10 days or so. Whenever I'm outside, the butterfly visits. At first I thought it was a monarch, but it is smaller and and I've caught glimpses of red and blue as it flits from place to place. Yesterday, while pulling in the driveway after work, it was fluttering around the trees in my front yard. Pamela was here sewing and as I sat in the living room with Buckaroo and Baby Girl the butterfly was fluttering against the picture window. Later, when they were leaving it was out back fluttering around the deck. Here's the gist of this post . . . my mom loved her birthday and butterflies. I'm thinking she sent me a reminder in the form of this beautiful butterfly. 

Honestly, how could I forget a birthday on May 5 - Cinco de Mayo!!!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment