Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Vacation!!!

I haven't taken vacation time during the holidays in a long time. I decided it would be nice to not have the stress of work to take away from the peace and joy of the holidays. I LOVE Christmas, and I must say, this was the best Christmas I've had in a number of years. I think the biggest difference is that I've been worshipping regularly this past year . . . and in doing so, have found a fabulous faith community that I have officially joined - Jefferson United Methodist Church. I felt the love of God this Christmas that He meant for us to have - along with His gifts of peace and joy. I enjoyed worship Christmas Eve better than I have in years. A traditional candlelight communion service. This probably comes as a shock to those of you who know I attend a very non-traditional service every Sunday in a biker bar. All I can say is that we each need to worship where our spirit is fed. The service at the biker bar feeds my spirit weekly, but for Christmas Eve I need a more contemplative worship experience.
This Christmas Eve we went back to a "no gifting" policy. The gatherings on Christmas Eve of my childhood were all about the gift of fellowship - family and friends being together. Food and laughter in abundance, then attending a worship service (midnight mass in our family). Christmas day (and the following days) allowed for other kinds of gifts. I think this helped my Christmas be more Christ-centered too.
And of course my grandkidlets make any day special and fun - just watching them takes my breath away . . . I fall deeper in love with them each time I see them.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment